So Ive been tagged by 3 people so far so I guess there's no avoiding this or denying my popularity among my DA friends lol. So I bend to your will and submit the requested meme. One tag was nonspecific, the other two tags had particular characters requested.
Tagged by Rules:1.) Post the rules.2.) Post 8 facts about your character.3.) Tag 8 other characters.
4.) Post their names along with their creators avatars
1. Mr Happy is based at least in half on my actual self, right down to having my same name as his own. While a good portion of his life is pure fiction my own history, personality and ideology serve as his foundation.
2. Mr Happy was created by me in college back in 1988 for the superhero roleplaying game Champions. His original power set was akin to Superman's (just FAR less powerful) but with my personality and warped sense of humor.
3. Mr Happy's name was inspired not just by the smiley face motif but by a joke from my favorite comedian Robin Williams. Williams claimed to have named his penis Mr Happy...so yeah, why would I admit this lol.
4. Mr Happy plays the court jester quite a lot but is actually very smart and often very shrewd. His nerdish devotion to superhero culture has allowed him to outwit many of his foes because he has a great deal of knowledge and understanding about how super powers work. He studies everyone like Batman would (even if he trusts you)...just in case.
5. Mr Happy's comic was originally going to be a spoof comic filled with archetypes of other heroes before I decided to get serious with his universe. This was largely due to my fandom of comics like Ambush Bug.
6. Mr Happy's definitive powers and personality traits came from 3 sources. 1. Answering the question every comic nerd must answer. If you had powers what would they be. For me shapeshifting. 2. My enjoyment of heroes like Plastic Man, E-Man, The Mask, Morph and Slapstick. 3. Several long running RP sessions in the Marvel Super Heroes RPG developed in the 80s.
7. Unlike other heroes who have powers Mr Happy literally is his power. Nullifying his powers somehow could actually destroy him.
8. Mr Happy must sleep and dream each day to sustain both himself and his powers.
1. Mr Yuck was indeed inspired by the poison control sticker.
2. Back when the Mr Happy comic was gonna be a parody book Mr Happy after being exposed to radiation was going to turn into a Hulk like monster called Mr Yuck. His face was going to be a literal translation of the poison control sticker complete with its tongue sticking out. Because of that no one could understand Mr Yuck because his tongue was always out and it impossible to get what he was saying. For instance "Yuck smash!" would come out as "Yuug smath!'
3. Mr Happy doesn't know it but he and Mr Yuck know each other outside of their powered identities.
4. In one possible end for my story Mr Happy and Mr Yuck are the last two beings in existence at the end of the universe.
5. Mr Yuck doesn't seem to exist. Attempts to scan reveal only an absence of information. Some sensors have detected him by registering this void.
6. Mr Yuck's existence is a tortured one due to the paradox of both being and seemingly not at the same time. While he does not need to eat, breath or sleep he will sometimes "slumber". In this state Mr Yuck rests in a state of oblivion, the only time he knows peace.
7. Mr Yuck hates Mr Happy, though Mr Happy has no idea why.
8. Mr Yuck was was at one point going to be a separate part of Mr Happy that split from him and became his own being. Basically all of Mr Happy's hidden negative emotions given form and substance.
1. The Astronaught was born in 1938.
2. His existence is a closely held government secret.
3. Apollo's blood has been replaced by nanobots.
4. The nanobots have fundamentally changed his physiology adapting him for life in space. Because of this he cannot live on Earth without his space suit.
5. The nanotech in his system was part of an alien technovirus. It was meant to adat Earth to the needs of the alien invaders but when The Astronaught tried to assimilate it into his technology it ended up adapting him to the environment he was in at the time.
6. The Astronaught left behind a wife and son on Earth. Because he cannot live on Earth he decided that is was best if they thought him dead on a mission. The government sees to their well being on his behalf.
7. The Astronaught can exist in the vacuum of space without the aid of his space suit thanks to his forced mutations.
8. The Astronaught's technology allows him to speak and understand all human languages and several alien tongues.
Let the tagging commence!
Because you said you hoped no one would lol! Wouldn't mind some Oblivion facts.
Give us some extra Steel Wolf knowledge.
Because the Glyph is so mysterious and Lovecraftian to me.
Cause Airhead is PURE AWESOME!
Because Rod has made not just a great hero but a great team.
Just cause I like Centauri and Kostmeyer so much.
Cause he's freaking Lord Worm, that's why!
Such a great artist with such imaginative characters. Tell me more about the Orbiteer.